Tackling COVID-19 Together
The realities of living through a global pandemic are bringing new challenges every day. We are all working to protect the health and well-being of our staff and their families. We are also developing solutions to minimize disruption to our clients and our projects, and maintain a seamless transition to working remotely so we can slow the spread of this virus.
This is an especially good time to check in with colleagues (or those who have family members) who may be more susceptible to this virus. They are extremely anxious about the health of their loved ones. The outbreak of coronavirus has also led to increased xenophobia, discrimination, and racism against Chinese people and people of Asian and Pacific Islands descent and appearance. They deserve our compassion and support as well.
We don’t have all the answers. One thing we do know, however, is that Toole Design, our clients, and our peers will be better off if we navigate these profound changes to our daily lives with resolve and empathy together.
In light of that, we are sharing the various resources we are developing in response to COVID-19. Hopefully they are useful. If you’ve got a resource you think others should see, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can share that here as well.
Toole Design Emergency Preparedness Documents and Policies:
- Preparedness Strategies – general guidelines to help your organization stay productive and keep you connected to your clients and stakeholders.
- Client Statement – a sample letter letter to clients and stakeholders explaining the steps your organization is taking to adjust to changing conditions.
- Meeting Plans – strategies for maintaining stakeholder engagement when in-person meetings and conferences aren’t the best option.
- File Management – tips for sharing and collaborating on CADD and other large data files.
OTHER USEFUL RESOURCES:
- Time to Adapt – Five fast, low-cost ways to open streets to serve increased demand for walking and biking.
- VIDEO: Rebalancing Streets for People – Toole Design staff share essential techniques to quickly implement street redesigns.
- Finding empathy and equity during a crisis – a blog from Toole Design Director of Equity and Inclusion Tamika L. Butler, Esq.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – CDC’s coronavirus website.
- COVID-19 Symptoms – Info from the CDC on symptoms of coronavirus.
- Hand Hygiene – World Health Organization guidance on proper technique for washing hands and using hand sanitizer.
- FAQ on Social Distancing – The New York Times answers common questions about social distancing.
- Walking as Self-Care – A guide to using walking as a tool to help manage uncertainty, from America Walks.
- COVID-19 and Cycling – Precautions cyclists can take to reduce transmission while remaining active, from USA Cycling.