The Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) Annual Meeting kicks off July 20 with an exciting and informative technical program — and we’re delighted to be participating in several sessions through the course of the virtual event. The technical program runs through July 29; the following week sees ITE’s important committee work take center stage. Look out for these sessions featuring our staff.
- “Vision Zero by 2032: Edmonton’s Safe Mobility Strategy”, Tyler Golly, P. Eng, Western Canada Market Lead, Toole Design Group, Edmonton, Alberta, and Jessica Lamarre, Director, Safe Mobility, City of Edmonton, Alberta (Wed 7/21, 11am, Technical session)
- “Improving Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety at Intersections”, Krista Nordback, Ph.D, P.E., Senior Research Associate, UNC Highway Safety Research Center, Boulder, Colorado and Bill Schultheiss, P.E., Vice President, Toole Design, Silver Spring, Maryland (Thu 7/22, 11am, Technical session)
- “Nurturing the First Steps – Visual storytelling for walkable environments”, Ryan Martinson, M. Eng, P. Eng, Toole Design Group, Calgary, Alberta (Thu 7/22, 3:10pm Poster Presentation)
- “Safe Routes to School in Austin Texas – How to Plan and Build with 40 Million Dollars”, Carly Haithcock, P.E., Project Engineer, Toole Design, Austin, Texas and Wendy Phelps, AICP, Project Planner II, Toole Design, Silver Spring, Maryland (Tue 7/27, 12:40pm, Poster Presentation)
- “Recruiting and Retaining Transportation Professionals: Diversity and Inclusion in Recruitment, Mentoring and Career Development”, Moderator: Shilpa Mallem, P.E., PTOE, Traffic Engineering Project Manager, HDR: Speakers Nikotris Perkins, Assistant Director, Social Equity, Oregon Department of Transportation, Salem, Oregon; Charmane Caldwell, Ph.D, Director, Student Access, FAMU-FSU College of Engineering, Tallahassee, Florida; Jennifer Toole, ASLA, AICP, President, Toole Design Group, Silver Spring Maryland; Kiyett Brown, M.S., Ph.D. Candidate / Graduate Research Assistant, Florida A&M University, Tallahassee, FL (Tue 7/27, 4pm Technical Session)
- You will also find Kristof Devastey P.E., PTOE, PTP; Cipriana Thompson Eckford, P.E., PTOE and Andy Clarke leading an interactive workshop Walk the Mile: An Interactive Workshop in Transportation Equity from 4-6pm on Wednesday, July 21.
All times Eastern Daylight Time.