Looking for new and innovative ways to make biking and walking part of your Minnesota community? Come say hello to our Minneapolis office staff at the Bike+Walk MN conference this week! We’re proud to be a gold-level sponsor of Bike+Walk MN, reflecting our shared commitment to active transportation with communities across Minnesota.
Director of Operations
Our staff will present on a wide variety of topics, including forthcoming national guidance for bicycle facilities design, best practices from across the state, and new and innovative ways to make biking and walking part of your community’s transportation network.
Check out our team’s presentations for the conference below:
Monday, April 30
- Maintaining the Path for Walking and Bicycling
- Measuring the Impact of Complete Streets on Main Street/Planning for Complete Streets in Winona
- Shaun Lopez-Murphy, Luke Sims (City of Winona) Joanne Moze, Jessica Peterson
- 2:00pm – 3:15pm
- Nice bike route, but what does it connect to? Quantifying and mapping access to destinations
Tuesday, May 1
- Interactive Mixer!
- Innovative Resources for Safe Routes to School (SRTS) Implementation
- A primer the new MN Safe Routes to School Mapping tool, available in the SRTS online resource center. Part of the Interactive Mixer session.
- Connor Cox, Jill Chamberlain (Blue Cross Blue Shield MN)
- Meet the “Meeting in a Box”
- AASHTO’s Design Guide for Bikes: A Renewed Focus on Users of All Ages and Abilities
- A preview of the forthcoming AASHTO Bicycle Design Guide update, highlighting the expansion of the design guide to include new facility types and guidance for their use.
- KC Atkins, P.E.
- Tuesday, May 1st, 10:45am – noon
Our team will also be on hand throughout the conference at our table, ready to answer your questions about ways to incorporate biking and walking into your community’s transportation network. Come say hello and learn more about how Toole Design Group is helping Minnesota become more active!